Offshore operators help fund major community investment initiatives in the communities in which they operate. While community investment programs vary from company to company, they may include: funding scholarship programs and awards, funding recreation and arts programs, and providing financial contributions to improve health care and education.
Many offshore operators also support employee volunteerism by offering employee donation matching programs, as well as flexible work conditions to allow employees to offer their time and resources to many worthy causes.
Below are just a few of the community projects and events supported by Atlantic Canadian offshore operators and explorers:
- Hibernia: New Offshore Operations Simulator Provides Realistic Conditions for Training
- Encana and ExxonMobil: Empowering Young Women in Science, Trades and Technology
- Chevron Canada Works with Stella’s Circle to Help Adults in Need
- Husky Energy: Bringing life-saving skills and equipment to rural NL
- Fostering Culture and Tradition at the Forefront of Statoil Sponsorship
- Hebron Brings Ocean Research into the Classroom Through Digital Oceans Project
- Suncor Energy Supports R&D Centre at Memorial University
- Oil and Gas Week: Connecting Students with the Industry